Downtown Merchants Association
The Downtown Merchants Association (DMA) was incorporated in 2003 with only seven members. It has grown to more than 100 members who share a vision of keeping downtown the heart of Castle Rock. Downtown Castle Rock is a great place to shop, dine and conduct business, as well as celebrate the history of the town and the spirit of the community. DMA is a stand-alone, nonprofit 501(c)6 association dedicated to bringing activity to and awareness of Downtown Castle Rock to the citizens of Castle Rock and beyond. We work closely with other Castle Rock associations such as the Downtown Development Authority, Chamber of Commerce, the Castle Rock Economic Development Council, and the Town of Castle Rock. The DMA, with the support of the Town, the DDA and a group of valuable corporate sponsors, produce an annual Outdoor Events Series. These events bring the community together in historic Downtown Castle Rock to enjoy festivities for all ages.
Downtown Merchants Association 2017 Election
It is DMA Board Member election time! There are currently two open seats. The DMA bylaws allow for members of the Board of Directors to be elected by electronic ballot. Accordingly, we are accepting nominations for the ballot – are you or someone you know interested?
Here are some things to know:
- The board meets the first Thursday of each month at 3pm at The Move (202 Sixth Street)
- Membership is open to any business located within Downtown Castle Rock (yellow area on map)
- Nominees MUST be a DMA member (to become a member please fill in membership application below)
- Board members can serve unlimited 2 year terms
- Participation in the DMA events is requested
- Jason Gray and John Manka have expressed an interest in staying on for an additional 2 year term
Nominations will be accepted until 5:00 pm Thursday, April 6, 2017. To nominate someone, please email Angie Vencill at email@example.com.
The ballots will be live on Friday, April 7, 2017 by 5pm (a link to vote will be emailed to Castle Rock DMA members). Voting will close Friday, April 14, 2017 at 5pm. Please email or call Angie today if you are interested.
Board of Directors
Jason Gray, President
John Manka, Vice President
Jason Bower (Town Council Liaison)
Renee Valentine (Town Council Liaison)
Is your businesses within Downtown Castle Rock (yellow area in the map above)? If so, you are eligible to be a member. Some benefits of membership include:
- A collective voice with issues pertaining to Downtown Castle Rock
- Partnered marketing and awareness campaigns
- Involvement and planning of events that will help drive traffic and interest to your business in Downtown Castle Rock
- Suggest items to discuss with your fellow Downtown Businesses at our quarterly Downtown Stakeholders Meetings
To apply for your free DMA membership, please fill in the form below and press the submit button:
(fields with a * are required fields)
Please note that businesses with multiple representatives only have one vote.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at Birgit@downtowncastlerock.com.